Only the Host of the Conversation is available to add and remove users. To add or remove users, click on the ’add/remove users’ icon in the top right corner of the Conversation page, and follow the steps below.
In the new window that appears on the screen, ’Contacts to add or remove’, a search field is shown and a list of all users under it.
- Select one or more users by clicking on their name, and click on the single ‘arrow’ button pointing to the right. Add all users by clicking on the double arrow button pointing to the right.
- All of the selected users will appear in the ’Contacts in Conversation’ section on the right side of the window.
- Click on Update to complete adding users to the Conversation.
In Contacts, Inactive users (deactivated by the administrator) are marked by a special symbol.
The steps of removing users from a group conversation are as easy as adding them to it.
- When you have the ‘Contacts to add or remove’ window open, just select the user(s) you want to remove from the current Conversation.
- Click on the arrow pointing to the left.
- Click on ‘Update’, and the user will be removed from the Conversation.
- You can also see how many people are in the Conversation (in our example 3 – including John Smith the Host).
- When you click on the ‘3 people’ shortcut at the top, all participating users are being displayed.
- When you click on a user, you can choose to send an instant message or choose to remove the user from the conversation.
Change the Host
The current Host, the Project Manager and the Administrator can change the Host of the Conversation. To change the Host, please click on ‘More’ (three dots) icon in the top right corner of the page and select ‘Change the Host’. In the next window, select a user from the drop-down list and click Update.