Approval Workflow is a feature which allows the users to review and approve, or decline a document in the Storage. Documents that are waiting for approval cannot be deleted, updated or modified by any means. Likewise, approval workflows cannot be updated or deleted while they are in use. For example, if a document is pending for approval, you cannot edit or delete the concerning Approval Workflow.
- Please select your project and click on 'Project Settings'.
- To create an Approval Workflow, click on '+Create Approval Workflow' on the top of the page.
- Type in a name for the Approval Workflow.
- Optionally, type in a description. Click Create.
- Now, your new Approval Workflow appears in the list.
- Click 'Edit' to change the name and description of the Approval Workflow. When you are done, click Update.
- Next, let's add steps to your Approval Workflow. Click on the button and choose 'Steps'.
- Click '+Add step'. On the left side, choose the users you want to add to the workflow. If you have added multiple users, you can rearrange their order, simply by clicking on the user and dragging over the other user. Just click on user and drag. The second user and every following user has an And/Or option. It is the condition to the document approval.
For instance, if you add two users, and the second user has an „and” condition, the document will be approved only if both users approve it. If the second user has an „or” condition, the document will be approved either if the first or the second user approves it. Please note, the order of users is very important.
- Optionally, you can also create a group of users. Click '+Add group'. An empty container with 'Drag items here' should appear on the right side of the 'Add approval step' window. You can also set the And/Or conditions inside the group.
To add the users to the group, drag and drop the users into the group.
To rearrange the order of the users inside the group, simply click on the user and drag it over the other user.
To move a user out of the group, click on the user and drag it out of the group container.
- You can also remove each user or group from the step by clicking on the 'X' button next to them.
- When you are done with the step of the Approval Workflow, click 'Add'.
- To add another step to the Approval Workflow, click on the '+Add step' button and follow the above-described method.
- You can edit each Approval Workflow step by clicking on 'Edit'. If you are done with your changes, click 'Update'.
- To delete a step, click on the button and choose 'Delete'.
- To delete an Approval Workflow, click on the 'Back' button to return to the 'File Approval Workflows' list. Click on the button and choose 'Delete'.