Forms can be used within issues (as an attachment), as an issue or Traceability Matrix in the Project Management Module.
Please note, General type forms are used within issues, Custom Issue forms as an issue, and Matrix type forms are used within Traceability Matrix. Only approved and active forms can be used to avoid usage of inadequate forms.
General type forms
- Forms can be used through issues in the Project Management Module. Go into Project Management Module (left sidebar) and select the Project within which you would like to create the issue. Click on "+Create Issue" button. In our example we will create a Task issue and cite in description that assignees task is to fill form. Please fill all fields in the Create Task window.
- Add Form Templates: The previously created task will appear on the Dashboard of the assignee – in the "Issues assigned to me" section. When assignee starts working on this task and opens it, he will be able to add any form by clicking on "+Add Form Template" button. List of the form templates appears. Please note, only approved forms are listed. Assignee will choose form cited in the task and click on "Add Form Template" button.
- The "Add Custom Form" window appears and assignee is able to fill selected form. After form is filled, assignee will click on "Submit" button. Filled form appears in "Form Attachments" by tittle of listed form.
- Submit more version of a Form: If assignee want to submit more versions of the same form, he will choose cited form again. After filling and submitting the form, that form will appear below first one by the same tittle with added ordinal number.
- Edit, Details, Export to PDF and Remove: Filled forms can be edited, exported to a PDF, form details can be previewed or form can be removed. Please click on the sign and choose desired option.
If Form is edited, new one is saved as another Revision. All Revisions are available choosing Details option.
- Filled Forms are Stored at: Filled forms can always be reached from the project issue where they are submitted.
- Created Matrix Forms can be used in the Traceability Matrix. Go to Traceability Matrix, then choose one from the list.
- "Create New Item" by clicking the "+" sign in the desired cell.
- Choose "Form" and then a specific form (template) from the list.
- The template will open and you can fill it out.
- After creating it, you can edit, delete, move, add approval workflows, etc. at any time.
Custom Issue Forms
- Forms can be used as an issues in the Project Management Module. Go into Project Management Module (left sidebar) and select the Project within which you would like to create the issue. Click on "+Create Issue" button and choose "Custom Form".
- From the list of templates (approved and active forms), choose the Custom Issue form you need and click "Add Template".
- Fill in the required fields and click "Create".
- The user that is set as Assigned will receive the task as a form to complete.
In "Search and Reports" you can extract a specific report from the data collected using Custom Issue Forms.
You can export the report to Exel.