Click on the ‘People’ tab on the top of the 'Settings' screen. Choose 'Users' in the left side menu.
You can search for users or view user information.
- Click on '+Add User' to add a new user.
- In the ‘Add User’ window, type in the full name of the user and the email address of the new user. The new user is going to receive a Welcome Mail with the login instructions.
- In the search field, only numbers, letters, spaces, dashes and underscores are allowed. To view deactivated users, check the ‘Show deactivated Users’ check box next to the search field.
- To search for a user, type in the name of the user into the search field and hit Enter on your keyboard.
The user is then listed below. The list shows the user name, email address, special rights if any exists ('Administrator' or 'Project Manager') and the status of the user ('Active', 'Deactivated', 'Inactive').
- To view user information, click on 'Details' or double-click the user.
The user details page contains information about the user name, email address and the Groups the user is member of. You can edit user settings and deactivate the user here.
- Click on 'Edit user' to edit the user settings. On the 'Edit user' page, you can change the full name of the user, but you cannot change the email address in the 'User information' section.
You can change the special rights of the user by checking or unchecking the check boxes. The user can have Administrator, and Project Manager rights.
There can be more than one Administrator users in the company. The user who registered the qmsWrapper instance of the company, has Administrator right by default and this right cannot be removed. Also, the user cannot be deactivated either.
There can also be more than one Project Manager users in the company. The Project Manager is able to create and manage projects from the Project page. The 'Project Settings' button is available inside every project, regardless of the Project Role of the user (PTO, Manager, Developer, Reporter).
Processes are also available to the user inside every project as well.
When the Project Manager right is removed from the user, the Project Lead and Manager rights are being revoked for security reasons.
You can also select and add the available System Roles/Groups you want to associate with the current user.
When you are done editing the user, click Update. You are being navigated back to the user details page.
- On the user details page, click 'Deactivate' to deactivate a user.
The next page is the User Delete Wizard, which includes 5 steps.
In the 'Project owners' step, all projects are listed where the user is the Project Lead user (Project Owner). Please select another user as new Project Lead. Click Next.
In the 'Issues information' step, all Issues assigned to the user are listed. The Issues will be reassigned to the new Project Lead of the specified project. Click Next.
In the 'File information' step, all documents waiting attached to a Document Approval Workflow, waiting for the approval of the user are listed. All files waiting for the user's approval will be canceled. Click Next.
In the 'Approval definitions' step, all File Approval Workflows concerning the user are listed. All listed File Approval Workflows will be deactivated. Click Next.
In the last step, click on 'Deactivate user' to finish the wizard.
When a user has been deactivated, the user is logged out from his account. The user will also appear as 'Inactive' to others in chat.
- On the user details page, there is a button with more options next to the ‘Details’ button.
Click on the button, and choose 'Private conversation' to chat directly with the user in Conversation.
These groups represent a group of users which have a defined role on system level. On the People tab, select Groups/System Roles from the left side menu. You can search for groups or view group members.
- To search for a group, type in the name of the group in the search field. The group now appears in the list.
- To view group members, click Details. Every new user is added to the ‘All Users’ Group automatically.
- In group details, you can Add or Remove members, or you can also Edit the group’s name and description.
- Also, you can Delete a group from here. Only groups that are manually added can be deleted. Predefined system groups can’t be deleted because they are necessary for the proper functioning of the qmsWrapper.
There are certain Groups hard-coded into the qmsWrapper, that are automatically associated to every newly created project. Groups are very important in defining authorities and responsibilities in the company. For example, sub-tasks of QMS Processes, QMS Decisions or QMS Events are usually assigned to a group.
Users that are members of a group, which is associated to a project with a certain project role, inherit the project role. For example, if John Smith is not a member of our project, but the group Purchasing Manager (which he is part of) has Manager project role, then John Smith can manage the Manager workflow in the project.